Re: Can't boot from hd on RS/6000

Am 24 Aug 2001, um 5:01 hat Ethan Benson geschrieben:

> > Now I tried yaboot 1.2.3-1.2.4, but mkofboot didn't work. No output was
> > displayed, nothing happened, I could only ctrl-c the program.
>
> i need more info then that.

I installed yaboot 1.2.3-1.2.4 from the Debian FTP server. Had to
upgrade libc to 2.2.4. for that. Then I ran yabootconfig, it generated
yaboot.conf:
-----
boot=/dev/sda1
fstype=raw
partition=3
root=/dev/sda3
timeout=30
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot

image=/vmlinuz
        label=Linux
        read-only
-----
Seems to be ok.
But when yabootconfig called mkofboot to format the bootstrap
parttition, the program stopped. Then I tried to run mkofboot -v, but I
didn't get output, it stopped like before. The process was marked
sleeping.
How can I get more info from the program about what's wrong?
I'll try again on monday.

Bye,
Jens.
--
Jens Kutilek    * ISITRAIN Schulung und Systemlösungen GmbH
Web-Design      * Postfach 1125, 38174 Wendeburg