Re: jfs

James Moss wrote:
On Friday, 24 August 2001, at 04:54:04 (-0800), Ethan Benson wrote:

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 10:45:01PM -0400, James Moss wrote:

While toying around on getting potato to finally boot (seems my 1GB of RAM
is too much for the potato boot kernel), I've gotten past all the minor
roadblocks.  I searched through the mailing list archives for powerpc
information on journaling file systems.  I'd like to use jfs on all of my
linux partitions but haven't succeeded in my brief attempt.  Might have done
something slightly wrong, and I'm definitely open to any "you're a moron, go
read this <url>" etc.  Thanks.

i would recommend xfs, jfs is very very slow.

I haven't noticed that it's all that bad so far, and for personal reasons I
HATE SGI.  Anyway, at boot: the default kernel (2.4.9-benh0) doesn't load
because it says "image not found".  After verifying that it is in fact there
by booting an old kernel on an ext2 partition, mounting up the drive and
checking that it's there.  This leads me to believe that it just can't do
jfs on boot?  All opinions on this matter are appreciated.  Thanks.
    -James Moss
     -James Moss

You wouldn't happen to be putting the kernel on a jfs partition ?

yaboot can boot kernel on ext2, hfs and reiserfs (with patch), other filesystems aren't supported as of now.

Check the sources if you wish to add support for other filesystems