Re: Sharing files between MacOS and Linux

I tried that. I made a nice large NFS partition. I am not happy with
it. The filesystem has to many limitations (others are better
qualified to list these). My problem was that HFS paths have to be
rather short... I am not sure the exact number of characters; not
enough for reasonably named ogg's and mp3's.

Gregory Keeney
Mad Computer Scientist

James Tyson wrote:

So. I have figured out that I can't read HFS+ partitions, does anyone
think it's a good idea to create a large HFS partition for mp3's, oggs,
etc?

I currently am using an NFS server on the lan, but that doesn't help when
your on the road.

Cheers.

James Tyson ---
Samizdat New Media Solutions