Re: Writing I2C support code - questions (maybe a bit offtopic?)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 07:14:14 -0600, Derrik Pates wrote:

>  - I'm using the Darwin DACA driver (from CVS) as a reference for how to
> program the I2C interface. Is this going to introduce licensing problems?
> I'm not a lawyer, so I don't really know.

It could :-(  First read Darwin license to see what's append to ``derived
works''.  For exemple, GPL section 2-b say ``You must cause any work that
you distribute or publish, that in whole or in part contains or is derived
from the Program or any part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no
charge to all third parties under the terms of this License.''

You may find answers about this on FSF site

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

--
Edouard G. Parmelan