Wireless device control fails using wireless-tools after sleep on iBook FireWire

Whenever iwconfig gets called on the wireless card after the iBook has
been through a sleep/wake cycle, I then get

SIOCSIWESSID: No such device

whenever iwconfig is called again. Removing and reloading the driver
causes it to come back to life, but until I do that, that's all I get if I
try to call 'iwconfig' on the wireless card. The sleep notify routine for
the airport driver seems to be gettiing called, but it doesn't appear to
be taking care of saving and restoring some settings somewhere.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN