Re: missing ofboot.b?

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 06:48:00PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:

> is not necessary with the new version. However the potato install manual has

you always need the -m switch when installing yaboot manually in
potato, even if your machine is not as picky as the imacs and blue G3s
about what format the bootfile is (they require Forth bootinfo format,
not ELF), the newwer machines disable any textual output which makes
interacting with yaboot impossible, my ofboot scripts restore this
before executing yaboot.

> a different version of that command, the -m flag is
>
> -m /usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot

yes

> so I'm wondering where your version came from?

so am i, that has been gone ever since potato r2 came out, or maybe
even r1... very very long time ago. nearly a year now.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/