re: problems booting from cd

i would like to comment on the problems i keep hearing about. When i installed debian on my iMac, i couldn't get it to boot from cd. I can't remember exactly which i did, but i either:

told of that the boot device WAS the cdrom drive, and that the hd was not

or

i copied yaboot and the conf file right off the cd to an hfs part, then told of to boot from there.

like i said, i don't remember which it was, but one of them worked.

-noah

"watch out for the cows, they use windows"