Re: gpm & X settings for titanium

Colin Walters wrote:

> Colin Walters <walters@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>
> > 4.1.0 has DRI for the tibook?
> >
> > *drool*
>
> /me cleans up his drool
>
> Well, I'm having some problems with the XFree 4.1.0 from branden's
> repository.  It seems to need keyboard_sends_linux_codes to be
> enabled; otherwise, my key mapping was completely messed up.  And even
> after enabling that, some keys don't work in X, like the arrow keys
> and the escape key.

With Xkb, you probably need XkbModel "pc104" or any pc variant with Linux
keycodes, "macintosh_old" otherwise. Without Xkb, it should work either way.

> Also, I couldn't get DRI to work; I started with benh's 2.4.7-pre7
> tree, added in DRI support and /dev/agpgart support (but no specific
> chipset support; which one, if any, should I use for a tibook?).
> However, the kernel failed with a compilation error in agpgart_be.c,
> saying flush_cache() needed to be defined.  I haven't had a chance to
> look into that in more detail yet.

Don't enable AGP GART (we don't have support yet) or DRM in the kernel.
Instead, build the DRM from XFree86 source. There have been links posted here
to tarballs of just the necessary source to do that.