Re: Icebooks

On Thursday 26 July 2001 06:33, James Tyson wrote:

> The modem seems to work file, I am using 2.4.6-benh as my kernel, and this
> is what I see in dmesg:
>
> PowerMac Z8530 serial driver version 2.0
> tty00 at 0xc98da020 (irq = 22) is a Z8530 ESCC (cobalt modem)
> tty01 at 0xc98e1000 (irq = 23) is a Z8530 ESCC
>
> pointing minicom at /dev/ttyS0 seems to be a modem (atleast I can type
> "ATZ" and it says "OK").
>
> My .config file is attached (ignore the wierdo networking shit, I have
> been working on wierd shit for work).

Hmm, go figure, I had it compiled in as a mod, but never bothered to look in
the macintoshdevices directory....always in just char. I seem to have a blind
spot to the word macintosh =). Too much time on Sun and x86. Loaded it and it
works great. Thanks for the help on that.

> The URL for the drivers is:
>
> http://yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au/~pfh/ibook/sound.html
>).
>
> Let me know if you need any help, and if anyone on the list is interested
> in helping, I am sure that Jack would like to see some patches.

Ok, got the source files.....but compiling them to modules is something I
don't have experience with....compiling raw .c files that is. If you have
time, can you send me some guidlines? please? I should have figured it
wouldn't be so easy as "gcc -o tumbler.o tumbler.c" ;-).

Thanks you again for the info and help and your time.

John Hughes