Re: Altivec and G4

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 12:04:16PM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Camm Maguire wrote:
>
> >Greetings!  Anyone using Debian on this platform?  Anyone in the
> >process of packaging the altivec capable binutils and/or gcc?  Anyone
> >interested?
> >
> Tons of people are using this platform.  I don't know of anyone using it
> for a Beowulf though.  But I'm sure there are users of atlas-using
> packages...
>
> The relevant list is debian-powerpc.

I doubt it, as atlas hasn't built for a bit:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=blas-1.0:lapack-3.0:lib/Linux_fpu_shared bin/Linux_fpu_shared/xsl3blastst -R all -N 10 1
00 10 -M 10 100 10  >>debian/test/xsl3blastst
bin/Linux_fpu_shared/xsl3blastst: error while loading shared libraries: blas-1.0/libblas.so.2: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x6ffd3e10 for symbol `scal_' out of range

All recent binutils are altivec capable.  I expect that no one will
ever package the AltiVec-capable GCC, as it is exceedingly unreliable.