sound card advice

Hello everyone.

I was wondering whether there are any catches to using sound cards with the
powerpc (e.g. endian bugs in drivers).  I have gotten tired of not being
able to record sound on my powermac 7300, and was thinking that I might be
able to just buy a cheap pci sound card and use that.

Has anyone out there tried this? I would need full duplex operation, since
the whole point would be to be able to do multitrack recording.  I'm tired
of having to switch to MacOS for this, and would like to experiment with
linux audio apps.

Thanks!
--
David Roundy