Re: ybin and NetBSD [Was: GNU/Linux, NetBSD and Mac OS X]

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 03:38:45PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 05:29:14PM +0200, Edouard G. Parmelan wrote:
> >
> > The behavior of ybin for NetBSD is note usefull.  I will prefers the
> > following:
> >
> >     # root partion ofr NetBSD
> >     bsd=/dev/had11
> >
> > Then ybin will transtate to:
> >
> >     boot hd:10,\ofwboot.elf hd:11,/netbsd
> >
> > where hd:10 is yaboot bootstrap partition.
>
> netbsd's bootloader doesn't have a config file?

No.  Without option ofwboot will use /netbsd on same partition as
ofwboot.  With a OF path as argument, it will use that file as netbsd
kernel or the file 'netbsd' in that directory.

> hardcoding /netbsd is bad since i don't have seperate options for all
> the bsds, only one generic.  (thats the way its staying too).

What about this syntax:

    bsd=/dev/hda10 hd:11,/netbsd

First part is generic, others options are passed verbatim.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan
http://egp.free.fr