Re: nVidia support: Where to start?

First, try to avoid html formatted email on this list -- there are
some heated opponents to such things on this list who might be
hazardous to your health.  Personally I find that netscape often
crashes when replying to html emails with plain text formatted
option set.  So often I don't reply to such emails just because I
don't want to risk crashing netscape and losing my context ~:^)
Some have non-fast internet connections so it isn't that cool for
them.

I would try the nv driver in xfree86.  Or maybe both.  The rivafb
driver may be easier to get going first, because it's probably quite
close already.

Michel Dänzer wrote:

> If I had to deal with this (I'm glad I don't) I'd start with the XFree86 nv
> driver because it offers more benefit (decent 2D acceleration, XVideo, ...) .

If he gets the rivafb driver working, does that mean that the X
frame buffer driver could be used? (My ignorance is showing.)  If
not, then I agree, the nv driver would have more benefit.