Re: /dev/cdrom is missing

This is why I'm frustrated and confused. Of course it should be that way...I
just downloaded kscd and it's also telling me that I don't have permission to
get to /dev/cdrom...So, I ls -l /dev/hdc (which is where /cdrom is pointing
to) and get this:
brw-rw----    1 root     disk      22,   0 Apr 15 03:38 /dev/hdc
Now, it appears that the last three dashes are reserved for me, the user. I
don't have read or write permissions...could that be the problem? I doubt it,
though, since my other block devices are similar in their permissions scheme.

Ugh...

Russell