Re: configuring X for Lime iMac (have tried many things...)

i have a successful debian install on my iMac...which alone is extremely
cool.

congrats

have tried both woody & potato with anXious. xf86config doesn't seem to
work.

Neither of these worked on my imac dv, so don't feel bad.

i got an RPM of Xautoconfig from the YellowDog dist, but >rpm/alien/librpm complains that it will only work with major revs. i >don't understand the error.

can you even use rpms in debian? i ask because i was under the immpression only .debs were usable...

has anyone gotten X windows successfully configured on an iMac? could >you send me a working XF86Config file? or is there an X guru somewhere >who could help me configure it myself. i've put a lot of time into it >and the config file is too cryptic for me to do by hand. have tried a >lot of different things. any help at this point would be greatly >appreciated.

ok, since u have an imac, i assume you have a rage128 in it. This requires a ChipID line in the xf86config file. Which version of x are you trying anyway? If i was actually ever on my imac (on the net) then i'd be able to give you the file... if you wait, i'll get it tommorow