Re: new ibook (icebook) with debian ppc

Matthias Güter <m.grueter@gmx.net> writes:

> i'm about to buy a new ibook (www.apple.com/ibook) and i'm not
> planning to use neiter macos9 nor macosx. as a happy debian
> gnu/linux user it is very important to me to know how well the ibook
> works with the ppc distro (potato or woody).  i'd like to know what
> hardware components

> ethernet

I believe it's regular GMAC ethernet, so it should work.

> audio

I think this doesn't work at the moment.

> modem

Should work.

> firewire

I believe Linux kernel support for FireWire support is still in its
growing stages.  I don't think it supports Apple hardware yet.

> usb

Should work.

> airport

Should work.

> tvout

I'm not sure.  If it's the Rage 128 chip, I think it will work too.