Re: X together with dual scan -- success!

Derek Homeier wrote:

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 11:03:57AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, leif wrote:

I've found a modeline in my old XF86Config that *might* work for your display:

# Apple PowerBook G3
Modeline "800x600"  100  800  816  824  840   600  616  624  640 -hsync -vsync
(put into Section "Monitor" for an XFree 3.3 config). BTW, the Gnome will _never_ work without the X server running, so you'd really need to get this fixed first. Gnome is rather one of the last things I would try to get working, actually.

Hi you that have tried to help me. Thanks. You helped me understand. Though the final help came from "documentation effort for beginners" at <http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-user/200008/msg00110.html> which the ppclinux.org site pointed to.

By simply typing 'video=atyfb:vmode:12, cmode:16' into the kernel arguments line of BootX things was basically solved. Except that I had probably done so many things with my installed distribution that I still came nowhere with X. So, I finally went back to YDL2.0 to see if the trick could work there aslo. And of course it did. So I have no tried out KDE.

PS: I saw a mention here about norwegian keyboard layout. YDL2.0 (of course) has norwegian keyboard lay out. Isn't it possible to just borrow all the code from there? (All the code means the code for all the other keboards as well.) Or is that bad practise? Even if we live in free OS-country...

Leif