Xfree4(.1) on Lombard?

Hello!

Didn't manage to get X to run on a lombard. First tried with potato and
xfree3, which didn't work. I then saw linuxppc.org/hardware/lombard/ and
thought, xfree4 (4.0.99) would be the solution, and did a dist-upgrade to
testing. Everything seems to have worked fine, except that xfree4.0.3 won't
start either. I didn't find a newer xfree 4 anywhere. So I downloaded
xfree4.1 from xfree86.org and the patch for xfree4.0.3 from
packages.debian.org.

Of course it didn't work out, after several hours of fiddling around I see
there are too many failed hunks. Maybe I would do it when I know that I am
really the first person building xfree4.1. Am I?

I assume that installing the binary tarballs from xfree86.org won't bring me
much luck because of the dependencies. (Would there be an easy way to satisfy
dpkg's hunger for xserver et al?)

Christian.