Re: xfree and mouse button

I had some trouble with this too, but this is what I did (I have a Pismo):

*Figure out which keys you want for second and third mouse buttons (I
use F10 and F11)

*In a console, use the app "showkeys" to determine the keycodes for
 those two keys (note that you don't have to push the "fn" key on the
 keyboard for this to work). When I used showkeys and xev in Xwindows,
 they both gave me different keycodes - none of which worked. I had to
 use the keycodes I got from running showkeys in a console.

*edit the file /etc/sysctl.conf and add the following lines:

dev.mac_hid.mouse_button_emulation=1
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button2_keycode=68
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button3_keycode=87

(remember that "68" is my F10 and "87" is my F11)

After that I still had some problems with those keys not working as
mouse buttons until I rebooted.

After the reboot, the keys work fine.

Hope this helps.

--