Re: openfirmware display

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 11:17:35PM -0400, fheitka@attglobal.net wrote:
> Ouch!! I just noticed that I could have ordered my Mac with the Radeon
> instead of the GForce 2 card.   The Radeon card is around $200 and
> supposedly is quite a bit slower than the GForce 2 MX though.

what good is a fast card if you can't use it?  i assure you a radeon
with a nice supported driver is much faster with nvidia and
video=ofonly.

> I didn't do my homework :(   I guess I saw that the GForce 2 worked with
> ia32 Linux and assumed it would work with PPC Linux too since most  other
> programs and some drivers do.    I got my Mac a couple months ago.

where did you hear that nvidia worked with i386?  it sucks just as
badly there unless you use proprietary drivers which make your system
more unreliable then win95.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/