Re: openfirmware display

Michel Dänzer wrote:
Ethan Benson wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 02:02:02PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >
> > I'm sorry I have to say this, but the NVidia card is really a bad
> > choice for Linux.
>
> truer words were never spoken...
>
> hopefully apple won't go nvidia only in thier hardware...

Absolutely, in particular I hope they'll go for the Radeon Mobility
in favour of the GeForce2 Go for the next batch of TiBooks. With the
desktops, one can always get a better card, but with PowerBooks...

Perhaps not the best solution, but in about 6 months from now, _all_
Macs will ship with OSX, so it should be possible to hack/kludge the
OSX support for, say the NVidia, into the Linux kernel.  So, as long
as you own a copy of OSX, it might not be too bad.

Cheers,

Kin Hoong