Re: Slightly newer airport sleep bits for pmud

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 10:28:40PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> Tom Rini wrote:
> >
> > Hey all, after talking to someone else, I found out not everyone has their
> > airport modules loaded with autoclean, So I've appended my current version
> > of the script I use which should work around this.
>
> What does autoclean really mean BTW? I seem to have loaded most modules that
> way without explicitly requesting.

Er, if the kernel autoprobes them, modprobe gets called with -k, which means
that among other things, when it's not been in use it can be "autocleaned",
ie rmmod -a'ing twice in some time frame will remove it.  If you just do
'modprobe airport', you don't get autoclean and thus you have to remove it
explicitly.

> >                 # Make sure we get airport, even if it's not autoprobed.
> >                 rmmod airport && rmmod orinoco && rmmod hermes
>
> rmmod -r airport should do the same.

You're right, changing locally.   Thanks.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/