Re: PPPoE and boot floppies

Well, as was said, I took this to the debian-boot list, and it was
resoundingly ignored. Maybe I don't understand the nature of that list.
Maybe I haven't made a big enough stink. Maybe I'm not asking the right
questions...

Lately I want to build my own pppoe client complete with all the libc6
stuff compiled right in, rather than having it be linked. And then
putting it in a floppy image that I can access from the woody boot
floppy ramdisk. Then I can connect and get everything else.

This is a hell of a work-around. Debian is suddenly a little less
flexible than it was...

Russell

PS On the bright side, I'm learning alot.

Without sharing, there would be no Internet
Without the Internet, there would be no sharing
Share your code, share your source
-- Let's build something as great as the Internet!