Re: compiling gimp 1.2

> > if you want to install ximian execute rm -rf / as root, the damage
> > will be about the same.
>
> Dude, I know we debian users are weird people, but hey, I know the ximian
> distro people try hard to get the packages right. A patch instead of a flame
> helps a lot more.
>
> There is Hadess's build of ximian gnome at
> http://www.hadess.net/idoru.shtml, you could try that as well.

thanks, i already had looked at his site, and what he is doing looks
very interesting. but i agree that i shouldn't need gnome, and i am
going to try to compile GTK. if that doesn't work then i will plunge
into dselect.
at the moment i am getting gimp 1.2 with the --display option from my
boyfriends debian PC. it works nicely. i'm also getting netscape that
way.

but i really want to find a solution because other wise i'm gonna go
running back to photoshop, and i want to avoid that.

grrrrr,
sisi