Re: Save trackpad settings during sleep

> > On the Lombard, the ADB devices are apparently reprobed and reset before
> > pmud restores the device state. If BenH is doing something differently on
> > the iBook that prevents pmud from finding the device after sleep we'd
> > better save the device state in the kernel and restore it there to be
> > safe.
>
> Well, what tree are you using?  The only iBook2 specific parts right now are

2.2.18pre18 or something. I've given 2.4.4-benh a brief test but didn't
try sleep perhaps. Will try again.

> to check for PowerBook4,1 before PowerBook2,2 (since this one should be able
> to have the powersave nap stuff going..).  pmud is finding the device I
> believe, it's just that it's writing settings to it just before the kernel
> gets a chance to reprobe and so when that happens, it's reset again..

I don't think the kernel 'resets' the device, it justs initiates a bus
reset and that brings all devices to the powerup defaults. If pmud looks
for the trackpad before the bus reset is done the device probably isn't
there yet. Anyway, if that happens while user space is already running
again we've got a race. pmud used to run only after device wakeup in 2.2.

	Michael