Re: Save trackpad settings during sleep

> > pmud 0.7 does save the trackpad state before sleep and restore it after
> > wakeup (the very same way the trackpad tool did). If that doesn't work on
> > the iBook it should be fixed. Can you send me the source for your trackpad
> > tool so I can check if anything iBook related was added there?
>
> Er, I'm using the current powerpc-utils (and pmud) in woody.  I did a

Your trackpad has the 'show' option and that was added by me I guess. I
need to check out powerpc-utils anyway, need to submit my Rage Pro mirror
tool for inclusion.. .

> little bit of digging, and I _think_ the reason this happens is that pmud
> tries to restore the trackpad settings before the device is probed (and
> when probed again, it resets to the defaults).  This is why in my script
> on wakeup i have a sleep 2 in there, so the device gets probed again.

Weird.

> On other machines, does a complete adb-reprobe happen on wakeup?  I'm
> wondering if it's something new/different benh is doing..

On the Lombard, the ADB devices are apparently reprobed and reset before
pmud restores the device state. If BenH is doing something differently on
the iBook that prevents pmud from finding the device after sleep we'd
better save the device state in the kernel and restore it there to be
safe.

	Michael