Re: XFree86 4.1.0: call for help

Ani Joshi wrote:

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Kostas Gewrgiou wrote:

__NR_pciconfig_iobase

Another approach might be to make it only return an ioBase for known working
configurations, is that feasible?

We need a way to use multiple ioBases from inside xfree to fix the problem.
The best solution will be to disable ISA I/O for now and get a better fix
later on.

No, that's not the solution.  The solution is to get the kernel to return
the *correct* iobase for the sepecific devfn, right now it returns one for
any and all pci devices.  Since these strange UniN boards have multiple
bases, it should take into consideration the devfn (which it currently
ignores totally).

Michel, find out your 2 (or 3?) iobases and try each one (hardcode it in
X, set it for ioBase_phys) and see which one works.  When you find the
right one, add that to the kernel syscall, or find a generic way to find
the mask which sets those on that bus apart from others.

I might do that, but then is there any benefit of vgaHW working on a Mac? It seems to work fine without, so I might as well hack the syscall to fail.

Either way, it looks like this should be handled in the kernel, which is good as there is no time to do anything for 4.1.0 anymore.