Re: fans in Powerbooks (was: Re: iBook2 install)

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 11:01:22AM -0400, Derek Homeier wrote:

> I've recently heard the fan kick in for the first time ever on my Lombard
> after I had left it in broad sunlight for about 1/2-1 hr.
> It's actually rather loud ;-).

I _think_ in BenHs kernel Lombards work mostly okay with sleep + fan, but
I'm not sure.  I talked to him a bit about this and unfortunatly, he can't
get any information on just how the fan is supposed to go on newer machines.
Some the fan never kicks in and gets hot (new ibook, tibook, pismo(?)) and
on others it kicks in but only during sleep and thus kills the battery.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/