XFS on PowerPC [was Re: reiserfs empirical study (very long)]

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 10:30:56AM -0700, Andrew Sharp wrote:
> Rahul Jain wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 03:57:52AM -0700, Andrew Sharp wrote:
> > >
> > > I was misquoting someone else when I said it had endian problems.
> > > My bad.  I should have said that it has powerpc problems, but don't
> > > take that as gospel, because I'm just parroting someone else.
> >
> > It used to have ppc problems. the CVS dev tree hasn't had ppc-specific
> > complaints for at least a week.
>
> At least a week, huh?
 I'm using XFS for almost a month now on PowerPC (XFS is the 1.0 release) and
 it's working... xfsprogs were broken but since 1.2.5 this is fixed also. So
 far i haven't any problems with XFS (and my machine crashed at least twice
 <<no this is not because of XFS and i'm sure of that>>) This is with 2.4.3
 kernel.

--
 Robert Ramiega | jedi@plukwa.net  IRC: _Jedi_ | Do not underestimate
 UIN: 13201047  | http://www.plukwa.net/       | the power of  Source