XFS on PowerPC [was Re: reiserfs empirical study (very long)]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: XFS on PowerPC [was Re: reiserfs empirical study (very long)]
- From: Just a friendly Jedi Knight <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 09:47:46 +0200
- Message-id: <20010601094744.A8008@plukwa.net>
- Mail-followup-to: Just a friendly Jedi Knight <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <3B167FD0.C40CF8B3@netfall.com>
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <3B15617C.73EFF5CA@netfall.com> <20010530173909.S12505@mikef-linux.matchmail.com> <20010531160535.A818@wibble.net> <20010531085552.A30363@suse.de> <3B1623B0.A3138D3E@netfall.com> <20010531125454.A1035@rice.edu> <3B167FD0.C40CF8B3@netfall.com>
On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 10:30:56AM -0700, Andrew Sharp wrote:
> Rahul Jain wrote:
> > On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 03:57:52AM -0700, Andrew Sharp wrote:
> > >
> > > I was misquoting someone else when I said it had endian problems.
> > > My bad. I should have said that it has powerpc problems, but don't
> > > take that as gospel, because I'm just parroting someone else.
> > It used to have ppc problems. the CVS dev tree hasn't had ppc-specific
> > complaints for at least a week.
> At least a week, huh?
I'm using XFS for almost a month now on PowerPC (XFS is the 1.0 release) and
it's working... xfsprogs were broken but since 1.2.5 this is fixed also. So
far i haven't any problems with XFS (and my machine crashed at least twice
<<no this is not because of XFS and i'm sure of that>>) This is with 2.4.3
Robert Ramiega | email@example.com IRC: _Jedi_ | Do not underestimate
UIN: 13201047 | http://www.plukwa.net/ | the power of Source