Re: additional information ad 'which NIC runs under linux/ppc?'

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 04:36:09PM +0000, Cameron Berkenpas wrote:
> Actually, I've met people who have had trouble using the netgear fa310 in
> their pc's where the crd went very slow.. But I've had no trouble like
> that at all in my or my mac. So I would suppose YMMV.

I have successfully worked with under linux ppc/pci:

rtl8139
eepro100
dec21040
dec21041

I had trouble with tulip in stock 2.2 kernels even with 2.2.19 on 7200,
7300, and oldworld g3.

They may work for a week then give trouble.

After using Don Becker's latest drivers (the ones in 2.2.19 are from
~1998-99) everything is fine.

Mike