Re: reiserfs empirical study (very long)

I thought you might find this info relevant.

I'm running a starmax 4000/200 with 80 megs of ram and a 200 mhz 604e.
I also run kernel 2.4.4-pre6 and I've been up for 9 days now.
Before this, I was up for about 25 days. I rebooted when I rebuilt my
kernel to upgrade as well as to add in a feature I wanted.

So far the 2.4 series has been rather stable for me for pc and ppc (I just
have a hard time building a working kernel on ppc). I've never had an
unexplained crash
(that is, when I can build a 2.4 kernel that boots.). In fact, now that I
think about it, I don't think I've ever had a crash, using 2.2 or 2.4..

So I don't know why you've had trouble. Have you tried using a 2.4 kernel
without smp on?

I'm using ext2fs BTW.

If you're interested, I could send you my kernel config file.

Hope this info was helpful.

-Cameron