Re: XFree86 trouble

On Tuesday 29 May 2001 05:43, Lenticchia Emiliano wrote:
> [...]

Rather than attempting to install XFree86 4.0.x, I simply added a link from
libXaw3d.so.6.1 to libXaw.7.0 and did an ldconfig. I was then able to do a
successful -net install, a normal user install, and open an MS Word document.
I am fairly certain that you could do the same link without the "3d" and be
as successful.

It is certainly possible that you will eventually run into a libXaw.6 vs
libXaw.7 incompatibility, but, so far, "it works for me".

Rick Cook
--
rcook@ntlug.org