Kernel 2.4.4 Build Probs

Afternoon one and all. I sucked down the source for kernel 2.4.4 from
Sid last night, played with the settings via "make xconfig" then happily
ran make-kpkg until it hit this:

ppc_ksyms.c:335: `down_read_failed' undeclared here (not in
a function)
ppc_ksyms.c:335: initializer element is not constant
ppc_ksyms.c:335: (near initialization for
`__ksymtab_down_read_failed.value')
ppc_ksyms.c:336: `down_write_failed' undeclared here (not
in a function)
ppc_ksyms.c:336: initializer element is not constant
ppc_ksyms.c:336: (near initialization for
`__ksymtab_down_write_failed.value')

Now as this is my first kernel build for both Debian and PPC, I am
unsure as to whether this is a problem I've created by selecting bad
options or whether something else is at play here.

Any clue sticks around to point me in the right direction?

--

Cheers,
      Craige.