Re: yabootconfig: please test

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 02:12:03PM -0500, pstrauss@ln.us.itmasters.com wrote:
> Ethan,
>         I get errors about locating the bootstrap partition.  It says i
> need to create a 800k type 0x41 partition.  My partition is ~ 2meg.  Is it
> looking for the specified size?
> There may be other problems with my partitions, though.  This is an
> RS/6000 that used to run AIX and fdisk complains about existing AIX
> labels.  Maybe the labels are confusing yabootconfig too.
> I think its worth noting that I can only get this machine to boot off of
> the floppy.

well i check for a mac partition map signature, and if i don't find it
i assume we have msdos disklabels and use fdisk -l  if fdisk -l won't
work or won't show a `PPC PReP Boot' description for the bootstrap
partition i won't find it.

if anyone has any suggestions on a better method of finding the
partition i like to hear it...

but if you have AIX disklabels that would explain the problem, is this
standard? is there a fdisk that supports them? and is there a way i
can accuratly detect this type of disklabel?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/