Re: Recovering yaboot

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 01:18:05PM +0200, PARIS Jean-François wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've got an ibook. Macos 9 and a potato whre installed on it.
> During the boot sequence yaboot was starting and I could chose beetwenn macos or debian
> Yesterday I upgraded to MacOS X. Now my ibook boots directly under macOS X and I can't tell yaboot anymore to boot Linux.
>
> How can Y do to get Yaboot back, in order to choose between MacOS X or debian ?

easy, when MacOSX is installed it sets the OF boot-device variable to
its own bootstrap partition, since you followed my documentation in
mac-fdisk-basics and yaboot-faq you created your 800K Apple_Bootstrap
partition so it appears BEFORE all MacOS partitions, including OSX,
right?

if so all you need to do is reset the nvram:

hold down command option p r while cold booting, your machine will
reboot itself, keep the keys down until it reboots itself 3 times.
then release and it will boot to the ybin boot menu again.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/