Re: Woody Impressions

On 22 May 2001, Jason E. Stewart wrote:

> I use mozilla daily (for browsing only) and have had scattered luck. I
> find that there are more pages that won't display properly under 0.9
> than with 0.8. Also it just ate my bookmarks file. So now I keep
> backups of my bookmarks.

Wow, I must be really lucky because I've been using mozilla 0.9 for about
two weeks now and have been blown away by its stability and speed.  I've
had no trouble accessing my online banking, as well as using sourceforge
via SSL.  Java2 support using the blackdown Java plugin is working great
for me.

I'll admit I never use Mozilla or Netscape to read mail or news.  But for
pure browsing functionality, it has been working great for me, and I've
yet to find a page it can't handle.

I'm using Ethan's .debs.  Is that the version being discussed here?

-wilhelm