Re: Executing shell scripts on the linux server from the mac-side.

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 10:21:06PM +0200, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:
> I would really like to execute some of my maintenance scripts (#?.sh-files) by double clicking on them in the netatalk shared volumes, kinda like launching a Mac app but to execute the remotely on the actual fileserver.
>
> Is there a present solution helping to accomplish this task?
>
> If so; does it have a name?

I don't think netatalk can/should do this, as it would create a large
security risk.

The only solution I can think of quick would be a web server, and putting it
in your cgi-bin dir.  It would have to conform to the return guidelines for
cgi programming though, and may complicate your scripts.

mike