Re: xfs,powerpc, gcc (was Re: RaiserFS PPC status)

Just a friendly Jedi Knight wrote:

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 04:27:18PM +0200, Just a friendly Jedi Knight wrote:

=== mkfile ===
gcc -g -DDEBUG -funsigned-char -Wall  -I../include '-DVERSION="1.2.4"'
-D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DXFS_BIG_FILES=1
-DXFS_BIG_FILESYSTEMS=1   -c -o xfs_mkfile.o xfs_mkfile.c
xfs_mkfile.c: In function `main':
xfs_mkfile.c:144: `O_DIRECT' undeclared (first use in this function)

 This one bites me a bit. O_DIRECT is missing from bits/fcntl.h on powerpc
 (at least on my installation and i sure i didn't mess with libc6-dev). It's
 sid/unstable branch. I don't remeber if the intel box i compiled xfsprogs
 was running sid/unstable or woody/testing (and this box is down right now)
 but there was no problem in compiling xfs_mkfile..

Please submit a bug against libc6-dev, maybe we'll get an explanation then. ;)

Is this another wierdo of PowerPC arch? (as is with varargs).

varargs isn't weird on powerpc, it just happens that incorrect usage of it works on i386 (like too much else, e.g. its wrong endianness hides type size mismatches, ...) but not for us.