Re: HFS partition not recognized?

>   I have an HFS partition with MacOS 8.5 on it.  The /current/powermac
> directory is located on the HFS partition as just powermac/.  When I select
> harddisk as my medium for installation, it prompts me for the partition
> where the archive resides (/dev/sda9: HFS is selected).  It doesn't find the
> archive if I select the "list" option.  Selecting manual has a line
> including /instmnt.  Browsing returns "directory /instmnt does not exist."
> Can anyone steer me in the right direction?  Thanks.
>
> dm

Do you have the images-1.44 directory within the powermac directory, and the
rescue.bin file within images-1.44? Everything has to be just the same as
the original files on the Debian server.

Also, check by mounting the partition directly (you can use 'Mount a
Previously Initialized Partition'), then executing a shell and try

ls /target/instmnt

If it only shows a couple of files including 'Where have all my files gone?'
then your partition is actually HFS+, which Linux can't read yet.

--

Chris Tillman
tillman@azstarnet.com