Re: BootX & Booting without keyboard/monitor

On   3 May, this message from Mike Fedyk echoed through cyberspace:
>> Since OF looks through the partitions for a bootable one, will it skip the
>> HFS partition and continue looking to find the Linux partition?

I suppose yes, since for booting MacOS, OF doesn't boot from a disk
partition, but rather boots the MacOS ROM. The ROM in turn then looks
for a valid boot partition & System Folder, using information out of the
NVRAM (probably what Startup Disk wrote there).

> If this setup could work, people could install MacOS just for when the
> NVRAM is wiped.

Keep in mind that booting MacOS on OldWorlds will wipe the NVRAM anyway.
Makes you wish to remove MacOS completely, but then you'd better have
some alternative way of booting the box (like CDROM...)

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |