Re: RaiserFS PPC status

That would make sense, since they do all the Linux XFS developemnt
on ia32 and ia64  boxes!  At least they did when I worked in that
group.  But XFS is a very mature piece of code in general compared
to ReiserFS, which is much newer piece of code.  Maybe one day I'll
have a chance to do a performance analysis between the two.  They
have different internal designs.

ReiserFS for 2.2 works just fine on big endian processors.  Last
time I went to all the trouble to set it up on my sparc box, I had
to track down a patch for big-endian machines (the 2.2
implementation is one big patch, really kinda anyway), but it wasn't
a big deal and it has worked quite well since.  Perhaps they rev'd
the release since then and the patch isn't necessary, I don't know
off hand.  People keep asking ... I suppose I should check one of
these days.