Re: Error trying to build Zope-2.3.2 on Debian 2.2

basicprinting@earthlink.net wrote:

> Is this the correct list to talk about my
>
>      gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
>      make [1]:  ***[cPersistence.o]  Error 1

http://voltaire.debian.org/buildlogs/zope

It builds fine on voltaire which hints that you really hit a compiler bug just
as the error suggests. You might have to upgrade your gcc before building, or
you could try to hack things so that less or no optimization is used for that
file.

> when I ...
>
>      ./zope-2.3.2/#
>      ./zope-2.3.2/#   debian/rules binary

As a sidenote, you should use dpkg-buildpackage instead of directly calling
debian/rules .