Re: I sometimes lose 'q' key in profit of 'a' using mac-fr3 keymap... (fwd)

> Let's try to fix this 'q' -> 'a' problem.  It was a real pain for me
> when I first installed Debian on a mac with a French keyboard: you need
> to be able to hit 'q' to get out of the fdisk program, and maybe it comes
> up in other parts of the installation too.  This hassle already came up on
> the mailing list by the way.

Please check if the problem still persists with the new input layer used.
If it does persist, take a look at the m68k Mac keyboard driver
and keytables in the kernel (the keytables map both 0 and the alternate
keycode 0x5a to a, or q in your case to be backwards compatible).

We had similar problems and just swapped keycode 0 for some other keycode.
It's not the Right Thing but gets the job done. Good luck convincing the
PPC kernel guys.

Relevant code fragment:

int mackbd_translate(unsigned char keycode, unsigned char *keycodep,
	              char raw_mode)
{
  	if (!raw_mode) {
	        /*
                 * Convert R-shift/control/option to L version.
  	         * Remap keycode 0 (A) to the unused keycode 0x5a.
	         */
                switch (keycode) {
                case 0x7b: keycode = 0x38; break; /* R-shift */
	        case 0x7c: keycode = 0x3a; break; /* R-option */
  		case 0x7d: keycode = 0x36; break; /* R-control */
		case 0:    keycode = 0x5a; break; /* A */
                }
	}

        *keycodep = keycode;
   	return 1;
}

No idea if a separate kbd_translate hook is still used by the PPC keyboard
code.

	Michael