Missing Cursor on PowerBook

Has anyone been able to come up with a solution to the missing cursor
problem with yaboot?  I've got a PowerBook G3 (Lombard) and am booting with
yaboot, and the cursor is invisible.  Supplying video=ofonly as an argument
to the kernel gives a blinking block cursor, but video=ofonly is undesirable
for obvious reasons.  I can't seem to get the cursor to show up at all using
the atyfb driver.

The strings to echo to give a soft-cursor don't work properly, it's possible
to get a makeshift soft-cursor displayed by playing around a bit, but even
in this case, it's not doing the right thing.

Anyone have any solutions?  Anyone know if other distributions have
workarounds for this problem at all?

Mark