accessing HFS from Linux

Hi, and thanks to all who helped me out last time.

I am trying to access an HFS partition  from Debian GNU Linux booted and
running from another partition.

My setup is as follows:

The computer is a 7600/G3.

/dev/sda is a  mac "drive setup" formatted hard drive running 9.0.4

After booting into 9.0.4 i use boot-x to select linux which is on the
/dev/sdc7 partition of another hard disk. swap is /dev/sdc8. The
APPLE_HFS partition i want to access is at /dev/sdc9. The Apple
partition map, drivers etc are at sdc1 through sdc6.

i get into Linux fine and have searched in vain for documentation to
help me access the apple_hfs partition (created by mac's "drive setup"
utility). My sticking point i believe is that i don't know what to
specify as the "mount point" when trying to edit an entry into
/etc/fstab.  or should i be going about this another way?