Re: noflushd segfault (was Re: Spin down of pismo's Disk and sound)

"Michel Lanners" <mlan@cpu.lu> writes:

> On  29 Apr, this message from Jason E. Stewart echoed through cyberspace:
> > Starting No Flush Daemon: BUG at disk_info.c line 169: Unable to determine device dir at /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc
> > /etc/init.d/noflushd: line 47:  1018 Segmentation fault      start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile /var/run/$NAME.pid --exec $DAEMON -- $PARAMS
> > noflushd.
>
> Have you looked at line 47 of that script to see what command
> segfaults?

Yes, sorry, it's just the start-stop-daemon line in the error. If I
run it by hand.

> I have the same noflushd version installed, and it didn't segfault on
> startup.... Do you have a recent kernel? I read about some kernel
> incompatibilities with early 2.4 kernels (have a look at the manpage).

No, I've got 2.4.4-pre7.

There error line from disk_info.c makes it seem like it's expecting
devfs or something, I don't have a /dev/ide/ directory, so maybe
that's what the problem is??

jas.