Re: New World G4 installation

If you're not using BootX, you'll need to

1.	Initialize your bootstrap partition (with mkofboot)
2.	Edit the yaboot.conf file for your configuration
3. 	Install yaboot on the bootstrap partition (with ybin)
4. 	(in my experience) Mount the bootstrap partition and stick a kernel
	on it that matches the yaboot.conf
5.	Make sure your OF boot-device variables point to the right place
6.	Go for it

I don't think quik works with newworlds. It didn't work on mine. Maybe I'm
deranged.

:::: Prior to now, Paschoud Alain wrote :::::::
::
:: Hi all,
::
:: I absolutely need some help to install the last Debian distribution on my PowerPC G4. I read a lot of help, but I'm unable to understand what to do. Here is the situation :
::
:: I've created Linux partitions and boostrap partition (bootstrap partition as second partition of the drive). I've started on the Debian CD and followed the step for installation. At last, I arrive at the step "Make Linux bootable from you hard drive". When I select it, the result is : "Installing Quik is not possible for Debian/PowerPC". And of course I have no floppy drive for making a rescue floppy.
:: I absolutely don't  understand what I have to do  at this level. Has a basic linux system already been installed on the hard disk ? if yes, what do I have to do to boot on it for finishing installation ?
::
:: Thank you for any help.
::
:: Alain Paschoud