compiling pgp 2.6.2

O.K. before I screw up compiling pgp 2.6.2 any further, I thought
I would ask if anyone out there has any advice on compiling it
for linux on the PowerPC.

If you know anything about compiling it, I have already managed a
successful compile by altering the linux makefile line to

linux:
	$(MAKE) all CC=gcc LD=gcc \
	CFLAGS="$(RSAINCDIR) -O6 -g3 -DUNIX -DIDEA32 -DPORTABLE -DMPORTABLE"

With this setup, compiling skips all the assembly code meant for the
386.  Like I said, it compiles successfully, but running it is another
matter.   Running it fails in calling some mpi functions, and I suppose
this is connected to the assembly code. Err...That's about all I know and
the last part is pure conjecture. I can provide anyone more details.  I'm
just wondering if anyone has had any successful running pgp 2.6.2 on
powerpc linux.

(Oh, buy the way, I download the 2.6.2 source from MIT, but I thought
2.6.3 was a better version and I couldn't locate that).

Thanks,
--
wcrowshaw