Re: Debian packages for Mac-on-Linux in incoming

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 10:32:24AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > IMO the default molrc should look for the rom in /usr/local/lib/mol/something
>
> Is that Debian compliant? I'd expect the rom to be in /etc/mol/.

i don't know what policy really says about such things, i don't think
it belongs in /etc/ since the rom is not a config file, they are also
rather large and i prefer to keep large crap like that out of /

the package *installing* a file in /usr/local is forbidden, but i
don't think there is anything agianst the software looking for admin
supplied files there.  there are already several packages that do
that, emacs, gs, etc.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/