Re: libstdc++ breakage (__throw unresolved)

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Michel [iso-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:

> I just did a minor upgrade involving libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 and in the
> process update-menus failed:

I had this problem also, and want to warn everyone very strongly to place
this package on hold. Do not upgrade to 2.95.4-0.01. It breaks package
installation and removal, and caused several packages on my system to be
left in a broken state. It wasn't too difficult to recover and downgrade,
but definitely an unwanted hassle.

> I rebuilt menu and it works again. But it seems a lot of binaries
> linked against /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 fail in the same way
> so I wonder what would be the best way to fix this?

Has anyone contacted the maintainer? I assume this problem only occurs on
powerpc, since I didn't see anything on the other Debian lists.